Thursday, August 2, 2012

August 2 2012

Blog

Hello all!

I've been having some serious technical difficulties! Sorry I've been MIA I'm updating via phone so I'm gunna keep it short!

Apple

Last week I bought one 670 apple call. I bought it before they came out with earnings unfortunately they missed their earnings! The stock dropped 30 bucks after hours. I am still holding the option... It has about 10 days to expire, since earnings it bounced back from its loss and hope it keeps climbing.

Google
Google was really a winner last week. I bought two 650 calls... There was some resistance at the 615 level but once it broke through that level it was all support! I got out of it Friday with a $550.00 profit. Remember never lose taking a profit.

What is market resistance?

The price at which a stock or market can trade, but not exceed, for a certain period yof time. - investopedia

Basically consider it like a ceiling every time a stock gets to a certain level it has trouble going past it. (resistance level) once it passes that level it climbs! Now it's trading at about $628

What is market support?
The price level which, historically, a stock has had difficulty falling below. It is thought of as the level at which a lot of buyers tend to enter the stock. - investopedia

This is kind of like the floor.

You can analyze charts to see previous trendlines of support or resistance and make decisions based on your findings... This one was a freebie :)

Monday I bought 6 $115 September Goldman Sachs calls. GS moves slower and has a little bad press but all it takes is some good news for the price to go up.

That's all I have for now !

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment